Friday, January 27, 2012

What do you suggest? Should I have a relationship with someone I don't love?

I'm a 26 year old heterosexual man currently studying in United States, but originally from an Asian country. I'm also a virgin. And I've been told I'm good looking. The reason why I'm a virgin follows.

My childhood was spent in an all male boarding school until my high school, where there was very little chance of female contact. I came home for vacations, but our family was sort of isolated, and I would often spend months in the house with my very strict parents, with whom I had no close personal relation (I always felt they controlled me, not loved me). From there it was straight to a merchant marine academy, where part of the training was to acclimatize us for long sea voyages, and we were given very little leave. But life aboard a ship was not as romantic as I hoped for, and I quit after getting the diploma. At the end of all this, I was 21.

Then I went to college. This was my first time having real contact with females. I had several crushes during my four years in college, and at least three of which developed in to full blown obsessions. Actually, these obsessions were a way of giving a purpose to my life. I imagined that I was working to possess them, and that kept me working towards a goal.

Now, I've come here for my graduate degree. I'm tired of working so hard for a long time, and I feel like my life has no meaning. I'm lonely, fantasize everyday about finding true love, and masturbate profusely. And even though girls show their interest in me, I do not make a move on them because I think they somehow measure up to my standards for a long term relationship, or because I tell myself I don't need a casual relationship. But I'm lonely as hell.



Will having a casual relationship cure my loneliness? I don't get in to one because in my minds eye, I can't imagine myself having intense feelings for someone who I do not trust and expect will leave me someday. And I'm afraid of getting too emotionally attached. It's not the sex part I want, just that I have this void to fill this big void. Will finding a short term partner do this, or will I have to wait until I find someone that I can love wholeheartedly? I have never been in a relationship with anyone before.What do you suggest? Should I have a relationship with someone I don't love?
Short term relationships are a good way to learn what you want from a long term commitment and to manage being lonley. No offense but you sound a bit snobish and this may be a turn off. When you have casual dates don't talk about yourself too much. Ease off on the profuse masturbation when you fantasize about true love because this may distort your thinking about what "true love" is.What do you suggest? Should I have a relationship with someone I don't love?
look,dont ever pretend to love some1 you dont. just make YOURSELF happy and if yor honestly beleive that you can go find some1 you do love and DONT WORRY B HAPPY !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment