Friday, January 27, 2012

Do you agree with Barbara Simpson, have you ever had to show your I.D. in these situations?

This is an opinion question, Do you agree with her?

Why are illegals any different in showing I.D.;s?





Exclusive: Barbara Simpson declares, 'I don't feel sorry for illegals. I owe them nothing'--WND



I'm sick of it!



Posted: May 10, 2010



漏 2010



As a native-born American citizen, let me tell you about last week.



I schedule chores to get them done within one day.



So off I went, list in hand, for routine stops.



First, to the library to return a book and pay the 25-cent fine.



I was asked for my ID 鈥?i.e. my California driver's license 鈥?before I could complete the transaction.



Ooh 鈥?show me your papers.



Then, to the bank where I've done business for 25 years! I wanted to make several deposits and cash a $200 check to have some cash on hand.



The teller handling the transactions has known me for all those years.



I was asked to show my driver's license, which was swiped, before completing my transactions.



Ooh 鈥?show me your papers.



Then, I went to a local merchant, where I've shopped regularly for the more than 10 years they've been open in my town and where I've spent thousands of dollars.



I used my usual credit card for payment, but the clerk wouldn't complete the transaction without also seeing my driver's license.



Ooh 鈥?show me your papers.



Then, I purchased a plane ticket for a domestic flight, something I've been doing for years. There's something new. Not only does the airline want your name and credit card for payment, they also want your date of birth and 鈥?ta-dah! 鈥?your driver's license.



Ooh 鈥?show me your papers.



Check in for seat assignment? Same thing.



Before you go through security? Same thing.



It's become routine with that really important little piece of plastic with my picture on it.



I never could have imagined years ago when I got my first license that the little ID would be so vital to my existence as an American citizen.



When I got my job doing the radio program on KSFO in San Francisco, I had to provide my passport to properly identify myself before they could complete our agreement 鈥?and this was despite the fact that I'd worked for the same company before and had known them for years!



No choice. Want the job? Show your passport.



Ooh 鈥?show me your papers.



I'm sorry. Am I supposed to feel empathy for those thousands of 鈥?as we are told repeatedly 鈥?"brown-skinned people" who don't like being asked about their immigration status?



Ooh 鈥?they don't like being asked to show their papers.



Of course, the real problem is that they don't have papers! They're called "undocumented" for a reason.



I'm tired of their complaints. The only thing I feel for them is scorn. If they don't like following the laws of this country, they shouldn't be here 鈥?and the color of their skin does not matter.



If they're here illegally, they'll just have to live with the discomfort of living outside the law.



We're constantly told how these people "live in the shadows," as though it's our fault and our responsibility to get them into the sunshine.



It's not my fault they sneaked into the country and not my responsibility to get them legalized.



I do not feel sorry for them, and I owe them nothing. Life is tough; get used to it.



The legal framework exists to apply for citizenship and complete what's required, just as millions have done in our history.



There have always been people who jumped ship to be here illegally, but never in our history has our own federal government allowed 鈥?no, actually encouraged 鈥?mass illegal entry into the country.



It raises serious questions about the motivation of the elected officials who deliberately choose to ignore the laws and encourage the lawbreaking.



American citizens have to put up with intrusions into their privacy at every turn, and it's getting worse. It's partly because of Islamic terrorism and partly because millions of lawbreakers swarm across our porous borders, disrupting our economy and culture.



All the commotion over Arizona's new law 鈥?which simply reaffirms the rights of police to enforce federal law 鈥?is both incredibly na茂ve and intentionally divisive.



It's clear those people complaining, demonstrating, rioting, boycotting and threatening to sue have one basic motive: undermine the laws of this country to weaken our sovereignty.



Logic and the rule of law don't apply because these people don't care.



I loved the news in San Francisco last week, after the supervisors called for a city boycott of Arizona asking to end all business dealings.



But then 鈥?oops! 鈥?they had to rethink that, because it could cost the city lots of money to find other sources for needed services.



A local columnist, Jon Carroll, waxing liberal about MexicanDo you agree with Barbara Simpson, have you ever had to show your I.D. in these situations?
Ask any Black American how many times they have walked down the street and the police ask them for an I.D. just because. I have a member of my family who is a Black American and he is always having to show his I.D. Especially if a crime hs been committed near by. so quit the whining, if you have papers show them, if not, expect to be arrested.
I'm just walking down the street minding my own business.....OH I HAVE TO SHOW MY PAPERS!!!



Doing a business transaction or flying is totally different than simply being out in public. This reminds me of Nazi Germany when they were rounding up the Jews. Next they will pass a law that cops will be able to check your ID because you look like you may have an arrest warrant.Do you agree with Barbara Simpson, have you ever had to show your I.D. in these situations?
"I'm just walking down the street minding my own business.....OH I HAVE TO SHOW MY PAPERS!!!



Doing a business transaction or flying is totally different than simply being out in public. This reminds me of Nazi Germany when they were rounding up the Jews. Next they will pass a law that cops will be able to check your ID because you look like you may have an arrest warrant."

-------------

No, you don't. Either you're incredibily misinformed or wilfully lying. The law allows police to check ID during "lawful contact" for such things as traffic violations, but not to simply stop people in the street to check ID.
NO - I don't agree with ONE PERSON'S opinion.Do you agree with Barbara Simpson, have you ever had to show your I.D. in these situations?
So she went to the library, bank, local merchant and bought an airline ticket and had to show her ID a few times. Maybe her library policies are to get "ID 鈥?i.e. my California driver's license" in Kenosha, WI the librarians ask for a library card. Her bank's (of 25 years) employees may know that she would or may have in the past had a fit for not carding and verifying her information, it's possible her local merchant has dealt with her possible paranoia's enough to know the same but an airline will always ask for proper identification.

I have friends too but their story is not the same as me, myself being stopped. I have spoken of a stop or two in my past that went beyond the scope of being stopped lawfully. Stopping me for what the officer and I disputed as "no turn signal back there" turned into a question fest after showing my state drivers license of "where was I coming from" "are there any weapons or drugs in the vehicle" "what was in the bag on the backseat" and the infamous "the cuffs are for your protection and mine, I'll remove them for you in a minute"

That "back there" when he says he saw no turn signal like I told him I had not turned on any roads from when I got on Sheridan Rd at 50th St., being that he stopped me on 91st St., and Sheridan I asked did he wait and follow me for some 40 blocks before deciding to stop me? He claimed he saw me turn on to Sheridan off 85th St., when I said that was not possible the questions began, when I said that none of those questions or their answers have anything to do with my being stopped he decided that for our safety handcuffs were needed. Now he had already had me out my car and patted me down but I guess he felt safer with me in handcuffs. Shortly after when he said he was placing me in the squads backseat "to get me off the road" I knew that I was now being arrested but when I asked if that was the case he said no I was merely being "detained" for a moment for questions. Was I arrested? Not in the legal sense, I was brought down and held while an old warrant from 1991 (which was never brought up during the stop) was checked then I was released to "walk if you need to" back to my car 36 blocks away.

So wake me if Ms. Simpson ever relays details about her stop with law enforcement officers not a librarian, banker or store clerk.

Until then this rant is something I can not and will not ever agree with.



http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.vie鈥?/a>
Hear, Hear!! Been there, done all that too.

Had no problem with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment