Friday, January 27, 2012

(indie) music controversy?

Ok, I love listen to alot of mellow musicians. Such as David Gray, Glen Hansard %26amp; Marketa Irglova, Matt White, Natalie Merchant, KT Tunstall, Lazlo Bane, Leona Naess..yakyakyak. Anyways, the point is...what kind of genre would they be listed as? I was thinking indie, but if I feel like someone would say "thats not indie!"...but geez-loo-eez cant indie be anything, really? I mean, its just independent artists. i think people are getting confused %26amp; thinking that indie is a style...and that bugs me. I'm tired of labels..especially when it has to do with music. Example, if a girl who owned a big collection of hollister attires %26amp; loved to groove to the hottest heavy metal or hardcore rock bands..would that bug you? Who says you have to wear black to listen to Hawthorne Heights or KoRn? Theres a fine line between Diversity %26amp; sterotypes. anyhoo! sorry that touched a soft spot. But can someone help me out here %26amp; clear the air?

(indie) music controversy?
Don't put them into categories. Doing so hurts the music and the art movement in general. When you do so, you limit the music. (indie) music controversy?
Im not too good at english so srry.... :P.... but I love indie but I all the times i've heard some new song and wanna know what genere is it I just compare ir with the roots.... it works a lot..... 4 example, try listening the voice and the liryc and compare it with oasis, Queens of the stone age, Franz ferdinand, Modest mouse, .... etc.... and compare it, a lot of times it have some things wich are similar.... x example the voice od franz ferdinand its similar to modest mouse.... or weezer its similar to another indie underground indie bands.... so try it ^^.... good luk

No comments:

Post a Comment