Friday, January 27, 2012

Merchant's Tire blew my engine. Now what?

I took my car about three weeks ago to Merchant's Tire for an oil change and a fuel system clean. They noticed that whoever was in there before, stripped the oil plug, the car itself was fine, but the plug needed to be replaced. They got a new one, and said it fit fine. This past monday night, the plug fell out, and out came my oil - as I was driving. My engine is now fried, and Ford says the bill is just under $6,000. I've already had this escalated to corporate, and someone is supposed to call me.



1. Will they pay for the new engine, tow and my rental car?

2. Should I get my lawyer involved for all the headache that this is causing me?Merchant's Tire blew my engine. Now what?
If you can PROVE the garage is responsible, go for it.
This is a civil matter, you can sue them for damages, and yes a lawyer for damage of that amount is a good ideaMerchant's Tire blew my engine. Now what?
HAHA. You'd be lucky if they even pay you for the damage they caused. Its not going anywhere boss. Time for a new car. Welcome to corporate America.
Get your lawyer involved.



They should replace your engine but it depends on the laws in your state.Merchant's Tire blew my engine. Now what?
Lawyer it uppp

No comments:

Post a Comment