Friday, January 27, 2012

Indie & these musicians I like..?

Ok, I love listen to alot of mellow musicians. Such as David Gray, Glen Hansard %26amp; Marketa Irglova, Matt White, Natalie Merchant, KT Tunstall, Lazlo Bane, Leona Naess..yakyakyak. Anyways, the point is...what kind of genre would they be listed as? I was thinking indie, but if I feel like someone would say "thats not indie!"...but geez-loo-eez cant indie be anything, really? I mean, its just independent artists. i think people are getting confused %26amp; thinking that indie is a style...and that bugs me. I'm tired of labels..especially when it has to do with music. Example, if a girl who owned a big collection of hollister attires %26amp; loved to groove to the hottest heavy metal or hardcore rock bands..would that bug you? Who says you have to wear black to listen to Hawthorne Heights or KoRn? Theres a fine line between Diversity %26amp; sterotypes. anyhoo! sorry that touched a soft spot. But can someone help me out here %26amp; clear the air?Indie %26amp; these musicians I like..?
I would say they're indieIndie %26amp; these musicians I like..?
lol, that girl you descride with the hollister clothes, but listens to heavy metal is me. I wear hollister and a%26amp;f and ae and stuff, but i rock out to job for a cowboy and all shall perish and the black dahlia murder, etc. labels and stereotypes are stupid.



but in answer to your question, yes they are indie, i agree that indie can be anything.Indie %26amp; these musicians I like..?
indie ide say also if u want a little harder indie try like modest mouse umm the shins and built to spill there all pretty good
its a mix

No comments:

Post a Comment