Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm trying to sell an antique, but I don't know what to ask for it. Help!?

I'm selling the book, "The Complete Work of William Shakespeare".

Printed in 1880, published by Philadelphia and New York: William T. Amies, This antique is one of a kind.

The back cover is ripped, and the pages are slighlty worn due to old age. Has beautiful copper leafed pages and an amazing gold/bronze hardcover.

Has rice-covering on all of the pictures, and is a very beautiful book. This is definetely a conversation piece. It has all of Shakespeare's sonnets and plays. Table of contents includes:

Antony and Cleopatra

Coriolanus

Hamlet

Julius Caesar

King Lear

Macbeth

Othello

Romeo and Juliet

Timon of Athens

Titus Andronicus

Henry IV, Part I Henry IV, Part II Henry V Henry VI, Part I Henry VI, Part II Henry VI, Part III Henry VIII

King John

Richard II Richard III

All's Well That Ends Well

As You Like It

The Comedy of Errors

Cymbeline

Love's Labours Lost

Measure for Measure

The Merry Wives of Windsor

The Merchant of Venice

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Much Ado About Nothing

Pericles, Prince of Tyre

The Taming of the Shrew

The Tempest

Troilus and Cressida

Twelfth Night

Two Gentlemen of Verona

The Winter's Tale

*also included are several short poems and sonnets.



This book has a lot of sentimental value, and I found one exactly like it listed for $150, but the rear and front covern were completely torn, making mine worth more in value.



I can't get it appraised..i don't have the money for it.



How much should I ask for it?I'm trying to sell an antique, but I don't know what to ask for it. Help!?
This one might be similar and sold for $200.



http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-COMPLETE-WORKS-O鈥?/a>

If your's is older than that I'd guess it'd go up $100-$200



You could list it on ebay and set a high reserve (like $700) and assuming it won't sell for that high, you could get an idea of what others are willing to pay for it without having to sell it..







I'm trying to sell an antique, but I don't know what to ask for it. Help!?
Most good second-hand book dealers will give you a quotation for free. That quoted price is the price at which they are prepared to buy. You then add their margin (their profit) which usually will not be less than 40% of that value.

No comments:

Post a Comment