Friday, January 27, 2012

Is this poetry? (+10 best answer)?

Now, I write. Random stuff.

Care to tell me what you think bout it?

The link below is a link to my Notes on facebook, that's where I usually post the scraps.



http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=523鈥?/a>



If you haven't got facebook, here's a sample of the notes:



Eternal Genesis



A dying sun burns away

As the wind blows astray



Carrying a fulfilling loneliness,

The higher being's companion

Who seeks redemption

Finding nothing save everlasting emptiness



Shadowed by a darkness eternal

Plaguing the cursed immortal



Upon this hill

Overlooking their graves

The air above their tombstones so still

One of immortality's slaves



Evil sheathed in these veins

Bound by immortality's chains

Blood that simply won't clot

Flesh and bones which rot not



A wish left unfulfilled:

For the freedom I seeketh

Lies in naught but death



====================================



Echo



Treading down this soggy lane

Pins and needles prodding his foggy brain

This is not just another nightmare

For this is where he was stripped bare



Missing links in the memories flooding

The photographic kaleidoscope keeps on playing

Stringing together the hazy stills

Amnesia or side-effects of those pills?



Groggy, he walks with that swagger

Longing to steady for a breather

A chill creeping down his spine

Ruling the land of the blind



This strange voice in his head

Different from the usual threat

This looming menace aiming for the zenith

Tormenting the dormant that crawl beneath



This is a fragment of his visions,

His hallucinations, his schizophrenic conversations



====================================



Requiem



In matters of the heart I indulge not,

For mine was crushed and left to rot



By a Maiden who I admire

By that Lady who left me sinking in this quagmire



I cursed myself for loving her

My nemesis, the heart-slayer



Now, slumped in a corner

I'm awaiting the reaper



My wrists slashed, my limp body

I'm itching to cease to be



Noticing my reflection in the window pane

Seeing my face was blue



Like the blood running down the drain,

I was finally through!



================================



Al Capone's lullaby



You can be the love of a punk

You, my little skunk

You're synonymous to my subutex

The haze at the apex

The ecstasy during sex



You've been my valium

That substitute of the pauper's rum

I'll keep on consuming you

Till your senses are so blurred

That your words get slurred



You're the neighbour's poppy seed

The ***** of no breed

Morphing you to cocaine and heroin

You'll satisfy my cravin'



I am what morphine is to pain

The endorphine injected in your brain

These hands, white with opium

The song of death, I hum



I am the merchant of pleasure

And you'll need me forever

For I possess all that you treasure



===============================



Lost %26amp; Found



I believed I had a heart

Before we grew apart



It then felt like an aneurysm

With some unexplainable mechanism



Denying that I was forsaken

Not understanding that I was broken

I just went on

Not realising I couldn't hold on



My feelings gone rancid

My veins, a haven for acid



In my chest, shadows feast

Scary thoughts, dreamless sleep

Left in a forest so deep,

How can anyone not turn in a beast?



And so, I believe I no longer have a heart

Beneath my ribs, demons lurk



The aneurysm did its work

I am now a piece of art...



======================



Ascension



It's been so long

Covering these miles of deserted plains

Alone all along

Failing over and over again

To find someone to whom she'd belong

Wishing she could break free from sanity

Wanting to flee from this anomaly

Coz the other side is more tempting than this reality



She's still walking that desolate road

Her soles have run thin

Her feet tired from bleedin'

Ridding herself of that needless load

Feelings and strings in Life's bin

She's slipping away from sanity

Coz the other side is better than this reality

Yeah, she is breaking free



She is finally conversing with nature

Experiencing happiness and pleasure

This utopia is where she's found solace

It's her own little haven

Wiping off that last tear from her face

Slowing down her plasma's pace

And she falls in a haze

She has broken free

Ready to flee

Yes! This road she chose is insanity

Coz it's better than your reality



===============================



Memo



Sitting on my window sill

Watching the dance of the snow flakes



Looking outside at the frozen lakes

Thinking about all the blood I wanna spill



The bloodlust is more powerful than ever

It's getting harder to keep it abay



I feel my innocence peeling away

My soul crying a river



Sitting on my window sill

Watching my misty breath



Huddled in a corner, awaiting death

My hands are red from my kill



===============================



Tribute to my kind!



Geeks of the world!

Hear myIs this poetry? (+10 best answer)?
What you write are your feelings

your emotion, the thoughts you express

words placed together in beautiful harmony

in complex structure for others to interpret

what you write is nothing more

than pieces of thought provoking poetry
Nice poetry ..i like them all and will surely give as many marks i can giveIs this poetry? (+10 best answer)?
I should say poetry, and you're actually pretty good at it!
it's rhyme not poetry, but that's just my opinionIs this poetry? (+10 best answer)?
they are all lovely, you have a poet's heart. Flourish!
yessssss....! and very well thought and beautiful i might add 11/10
their unique, i like "Evil sheathed in these veins

Bound by immortality's chains

Blood that simply won't clot

Flesh and bones which rot not"



could you look at my question??



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
Im intrigued, very well written, the use of metaphor is as far as i can tell correct and appropriately dispersed, it doesnt matter whether it rhymes or not poetry is about structure, use of words and description, writing style and meaning, here take a look see if yours fits in

No comments:

Post a Comment